Monday, February 7, 2011

I APPRECIATE BLOGS, PARENTHESES, AND THE ACTUAL WORD ''BLOG''.

General note to public, even though I don't think an introduction was mandatory (it's FUNdatory! HA--no, i hate when teachers say that) :
Blogging. *Dreamysigh*. So maybe people really don't like blogs, but I do. I love blogs, I love blogging. Maybe it doesn't seem like it, because this is a school blog and all, so it's mostly school-y stuff...but that's still fantastic. I really really love having blog(s). I have two right now, and had a few others a while ago, and there's something great about being able to just...be. To talk and post pictures and ask questions and be weird and computer-y. But what I love most about blogs, is finding good blogs. Whether they're David Bowie/Freddy Mercury/All things fabulous and flamboyant appreciation blogs, picture posting blogs (flickr-esque), poetry blogs, short story blogs, not-so-short-story blogs, personal blogs, or whatever kind of blog, I love it. I love when I love it, and I love that I love when I love it. I love blogs. Blogs are great that way. They're ever expanding and if done right show you the bloggers voice, and really get you thinking (about ramen...).
Now that I'm done using some variation of the word ''blog'' exactly 18 times in one paragraph (Go ahead and check for yourself...I'll wait), here are a few blogs I really really love. (By the way Ms.Robbins, this idea to make people make blog appreciation posts is magnificent.)

Here goes:


1. ANNEH ANNEH ANNEH ANNEH. ANNEH FUTTERWOMAN.  India Futterman !(http://eveningswithdrfutterman.blogspot.com)
This girl is magical. She is simply amazing. She is the reason that I am able to get up in the afternoon, after my daily lazy-girl laze, and blog for homework well. She is reading response blog inspiration. The first Futterwoman  Blogpost of Magic I ever read was PERFECT AND MAGICAL AND AMAZING AND I LOVED IT. I absolutely love how articulate and spot on she was. She's able to really relate her thoughts about her books to real life and make sense. She's able to keep the reader interested, and write in her own voice and with humor while still sounding professional and smart and amazing. The way that Annie grabs your attention, and keeps it, and makes sense is great. She's able to weave her paragraphs together with metaphors and honest emotions and thoughts and personal comments. Basically, she's a perfect blogger. She says what she feels, and what she feels is right. Her writing is unique and top-quality. YOU GO FUTTERWOMAN. YOU FLAUNT THOSE FUTTERLADY COLORS.  Because you deserve your Futterness, you get a NATHALIE APPRECIATES THIS sticker. (Well, a mental one, I don't actually have any stickers).

2.LIKE WOW LIKE WOW LIKE NO WAY LIKE AHHHHHH!
Lilabet Johnston-Gil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've kind of been secretly stalking Lilabet's posts for a while, and I'm really glad I can openly recommend her writing to the world. She's a quirky writer, and very analytical. You can tell that she really cares and thinks deeply about the books she reads, and her responses are always packed with great insight and feedback. Her off-the-dotted-line personality shines through in her writing, and make her responses that much more enjoyable and interesting to read. Her writing is great. She can be more than a little funny, when needed, and is always so real. She's not afraid to tell it like it is. She's hilarious. And because of your originality, Lilabet, you too get a NATHALIE APPRECIATES THIS sticker.  Just an example of Lilabet's supreme writing 


3.FERNYNANDEZ FABULOUS TIME! (Isabelle Fernandez)
this blog is stupefying. And I'm not just saying that because ''stupefying '' is my favorite word in the English language. I really mean it. This girl is just so great when it comes to blogging. ESPECIALLY THIS IT'S A GREAT POST LIKE WOW! What I love about Ferny's blog is that she actually seems to be invested in it 130%. She's not just a status-quo blogger. She's not afraid to her all into that blog. She shows you the type of music she likes, little personal things...She reveals little things about herself in her writing and in her posts. Not to mention that her posts are really great. She picks up on things in books that most wouldn't. She's a clever rabbit. Her blog is 100% loveable, and really great. All of her posts are so ***smart***. She just seems to magically understand things, and notice things no one else would. I really adore reading what she has to say. She's a great blogger. AND BECAUSE YOU ARE SO FABULOUS IN YOUR MAGICAL MASTER PERFECT AMAZING STUPEFYING STUPENDOUS MAGNIFICENT WONDERFUL FABULOUS WRITING WAYS, ISABELLE, YOU GET A NATHALIE-APPRECIATES-THIS STICKER! BECAUSE I APPRECIATE IT!





I know this makes me seem like a clique-y blog girl. You know, the kind who only talks to a select group of people and only talks about them, and glorifies them, and use them in her project, but these really ARE great blogs. I'm not a clique-blogger. That's not me. A bunch of other blogs worth checking out: 

Pia
Rafael MacDougall
Susan!

and a few others I can't put my finger on right now.
YOU GUYS GET A NATHALIE-APPRECIATE-THIS STICKER TOO! YOU GO!

1 comment:

  1. thank you for including me and writing so many nice things about me!
    i included you in mine aswell!
    <3
    ferny

    ReplyDelete